San Antonio Clarification of Retired Pay Awards Attorney

The Cramp Law Firm, PLLC, helps dozens and dozens of former spouses each year who are told by either DFAS or OPM that they must obtain a clarification order before they can get their retired pay awards.  Attorney Jim Cramp knows the intricacies of the regulations DFAS requires court orders to meet in order to be acceptable for processing.1  Likewise, he knows the intricacies of the regulations OPM requires court order to meet to be acceptable for processing.2

With cooperation from the other spouse, a proper clarification order can be obtained from the court in a few weeks’ time.  Without the other spouse’s cooperation, obtaining a clarification order through litigation takes a bit longer.

How Our Retired Pay Awards Attorney Can Help

The first step in evaluating a prospective client’s need, is to ask for a copy of the decree and companion domestic relations order for former spouse military retired pay or court order directed at a former spouse FERS annuity so we can identify the deficiencies in need of clarification.  Our firm does these evaluations at no cost to the prospective client.  Then and only then are we able to provide the prospective client with a tailored assessment of the cost and time line to completion.  As always, our firm’s military and Federal Civil Service discounts apply.

Note1See Dept of Defense Financial Management Regulation 7000.14-R, Volume 7B, Military Pay, Policies and Procedures—Retired Pay.

Note2See Title 5 Code of Federal Regulations Part 838, Court Orders Affecting Retirement Benefits.