Jim provides support to other attorneys locally, across Texas, and in other states in matters to include:
- Calculating the division of disposable military retired pay and Former Spouse Survivor Benefit Plan (FS SBP) annuity in military divorce.
- Drafting Domestic Relations Orders for the division of disposable military retired pay and FS SBP that are acceptable to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Dep’t of Defense pay agent.
- Performing “present value” calculations for the division of military retired pay in divorce.
- Calculating the division of the FERS annuity and Former Spouse Survivor Annuity (FSSA) in Federal Civil Service divorce.
- Drafting Orders Dividing Federal Employee Retirement System Benefits that prove to be a “court order acceptable for processing” by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Federal Civil Service pay agent.
- Drafting Qualifying Retirement Benefit Court Orders for the division of Uniformed Services Thrift Savings Plan awards in military divorce and Civilian Thrift Savings Plan awards in Federal Civil Service divorce and acceptable to the Thrift Savings Plan Legal Processing Unit.