Our firm has helped many military or Federal Civil Service member who are PCS or deployed overseas handle an array of family law matters such as:
- Military divorce
- Federal Civil Service divorce
- Modification of child custody, visitation or child support
- Enforcement of conservatorship or access provisions (e.g. right to receive information from the other conservator about the well-being and activities of the child or right to call/Skype/FaceTime, etc., with the child)
- Obtain duration temporary orders for the deployed military member to designate a third party (e.g. aunt/uncle or grandparent) to exercise the deployed member’s visitation for the of the deployment
Our firm’s ability to service and counsel client needs is global. We’ve helped military or Federal Civil Service clients who are either PCS, deployed to, or with issues tied to assignment in countries such as:
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
Our firm’s approach is unique, in ways as follows:
- We use a cloud-based case management system that provides the client with 24/7 access to all case-related documents an ability to upload documents to the system in a secure environment; an ability to view a calendar of scheduled events; and, an ability to communicate securely via an inter-system messaging capability.
- We routinely schedule Skype sessions with overseas clients because we understand that high-quality, interactive “face-to-face” communication between the attorney and client is important.
- We routinely have overseas clients appear at mediation or trial remotely via Skype to facilitate their “personal presence” at these critical events.
If you are a military or Federal Civil Service member who is PCS or deployed overseas and looking for a family law firm to help with an issue in the courts of Bexar and surrounding counties, you are invited to send us a consultation request through our website to arrange a free consult. We’ll be glad to set up a convenient time to Skype with you to learn more about your situation, answer questions, and discuss strategies for a way forward.
Jim Cramp is a retired active duty colonel and the founder and principal attorney at the Cramp Law Firm, PLLC. The firm helps clients in the greater San Antonio region, across the United States, and globally with family-law related matters the courts of Bexar and surrounding counties.